Operation of PIN Model Shower Timer
How it Works
- Allows you to set a different shower time for each user using up to 10 PIN codes that you allocate
- A 5 digit PIN number activates the shower for the time duration allocated to that user
- Only one shower is allowed in a 24 hour period for each PIN number, unless you activate a special one.
- One minute before the time expires, the hot water is cut off for one second giving the user adequate warning before the shower cut off
- Wireless (radio) connection is available for easy programming and ease of installation
- Shower and waiting times are chosen by setting the unit to the desired shower length and wait time, which is done after installation
- There is no shower timer beeper in this model
- The settings are changed by programming the PIN box unit – it does not need to be removed from the wall
- In order to fit the solenoid valve (electrically operated water switch), you must have access to the hot water pipe serving the shower and you may need a plumber to cut that pipe and fit the valve.
- The 24 Volt AC power pack is located near the solenoid valve so you may need to run an extension cord from the nearest power point.
- The keypad (pictured) is easily installed in or near the bathroom. It is a standard power fitting (80 x 120 mm) and will screw to a standard backing plate. No wires are necessary here as it contains a radio transmitter.
- Included is 5 meters of data cable to hard wire the keypad to the solenoid valve if required – however a very easy wireless connection is a standard alternative
- Program the user PINs and times prior to use.
- The shower timer is ready to use once connected to power.
Important Note: The shower head and batteries are not supplied.
You can usually use your existing shower head with the shower timer (so long as you have standard Australian plumbing!) or save more water by replacing it with a water saving shower head!