Let's take a look at a quick example about how we use showers as a family, and how we can operate to save the environment - and your hip pocket !
- Most people spend much more time than necessary under the shower.
- The average time under the shower is more than 12 minutes.
- It is a fact that 6 minutes is more than adequate if the time is used well.
- Most showers deliver water at more than 12 litres per minute. At a comfortable temperature of 40°C, that heated water can cost more than 20¢ per minute, or over $800 per year. Multiply that by the number of showers per day and the cost becomes significant.
- Showertimer limits the duration of each shower, with convenient progress reporting.
- The heating energy required to provide a comfortable temperature depends on the ambient temperature, the energy source and amount of water used.
- Typically, a family having 3 showers daily will recover the purchase and installation of a Shower Timer in about 4 months. After this time they will be saving over $1,000 every year.
The Shower Timer is a sound investment that rapidly pays for itself.
Perform your own analysis using our Excel based Cost Calculator.